MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA–(Marketwired – Jan 19, 2016) – CloudPhysics, provider of data-driven insights for smarter IT, today announced record growth in 2015. The company’s success was fueled by mid-market customers looking for operational insights to preempt and eliminate hazards that threaten to disrupt their IT operations and applications.
“2015 has been our biggest year yet in terms of revenue and customer adoption as VMware users look to proactively plan, minimize risks and maximize both IT and infrastructure efficiencies,” said Jeff Hausman, CEO of CloudPhysics. “We thrive on innovating and continually reinvest in development so we can continue to delight our users.”
2015 highlights included:
- CloudPhysics’ bookings grew 288% Year-over-Year (YoY) and revenues grew 167% YoY.
- CloudPhysics’ customer base grew 182% YoY. New customers include Affymetrix, BlueCross BlueShield, Flextronics, Fortinet, Indianapolis Airport Authority, MTS, Presence Health, San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, USANA and Virtual Radiologic.
- CloudPhysics’ global dataset more than doubled and it now contains more than 100 trillion samples of configuration, performance, failure and event data from companies of all types and sizes.
- CloudPhysics released several major features of its SaaS offering, including:
- The Dashboard which provides users with a rich contextual, rolled up perspective on hot spots and other potential risks before problems form and impact operations as well as with innovative trending analysis.
- Exploration Mode which enables admins to identify the root causes of performance issues by easily and interactively displaying resource consumption patterns and environmental changes over time.
- vLink which allows VMware vSphere admins to instantly jump from CloudPhysics — where actionable intelligence is identified and surfaced — directly into VMware vCenter, where they are placed directly in the context of the problem, enabling them to resolve the issues quickly before they occur.
- CloudPhysics continued to be recognized for its innovation and received seven awards and accolades, including being named one of 10 companies to watch by The Bloor Group’s Inside Analysis, a data center company to watch by TechTarget’s SearchDataCenter.com and one of the coolest virtualization startups of 2015 by CRN.
- CloudPhysics hired Chris Schin as vice president of product management and Kim del Fierro as vice president of marketing. Both join Jeff Hausman, CEO; Irfan Ahmad, co-founder and CTO; John Blumenthal, co-founder and vice president of strategy; and Richard Sexton, vice president of sales, on the CloudPhysics executive team.
“I’m very pleased to have Chris Schin and Kim del Fierro join our leadership team as we enter into our next phase of growth,” continued Hausman. “Chris has a 17-year track record bringing cloud/SaaS products and services to market, and Kim brings more than 18 years of marketing experience in the IT/networking industry to CloudPhysics.”
- Read the white paper: A New Approach to Virtual Systems Management
- Follow CloudPhysics on Twitter
- Request a free trial of CloudPhysics Free Edition
CloudPhysics provides data-driven insights for smarter IT, with operational analytics that give IT teams more power than ever before to understand, troubleshoot, and optimize their virtualized data centers, reducing risk and waste. The company, based in Mountain View, Calif., serves thousands of users worldwide across a variety of industries, and is backed by Mayfield, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Icon Ventures. For more information, visit: https://www.cloudphysics.com.
- Media and Analyst Contact: