Company’s “Global IT Data Lake Report; Q4 2016” Focuses on Global Trends and Changes Occurring in the World of Data Center IT
SANTA CLARA, CA – December 15, 2016 – CloudPhysics, provider of data-driven insights for smarter IT, today released its Global IT Data Lake Report; Q4 2016. Leveraging the largest global dataset in the IT industry, the CloudPhysics report offers insights about global trends and changes that are occurring in the world of data center IT. With several key findings, the overarching theme of the report focuses on an abundance of idle and wasted compute and storage resources, suggesting a lack of optimization in data centers globally.
Key findings of the CloudPhysics Global IT Data Lake Report; Q4 2016 include:
- The cumulative financial impact of rightsizing during migration would net to $54.7B annually – more than the GDP of 114 nations
- More than 50 percent of the world’s allocated virtual central processing units (vCPUs) could be reclaimed
- 90 percent of the virtual machines (VMs) from CloudPhysics’ global dataset average less than 15 percent utilization of the vCPU allocated to them
- 91 percent of VMs globally average 10 input/output per second (IOPS) or fewer.
- 80 percent of an organization’s IOPS is used to access only 20 percent of their storage.
- 35 percent of organizations in the CloudPhysics Global IT Data Lake have meaningful degrees of I/O contentions daily, with 5 percent of their VMs experiencing contentions every day.
“Our Global IT Data Lake Report really drives home the fact that data centers aren’t maximizing their potential,“ said Chris Schin, VP, Products at CloudPhysics. “Right now in Q4 2016, there are countless opportunities for enterprises to rightsize resources to workloads. This has a beneficial effect on private clouds, and an outsized benefit when migrating workloads to the cloud. CloudPhysics is dedicated to working with IT teams and providing the analytics and insights needed to help an organization’s data centers operate at peak performance.”
CloudPhysics’ SaaS-based IT analytics solution leverages big data science to continually view and analyze virtual infrastructures, yielding granular intelligence and rich, actionable insights that optimize performance, lower costs, reduce risk, and enable smarter business decisions.
To view the entire Global IT Data Lake Report; Q4 2016 and to learn how you can get customized insights on your own data center today, please visit /quarterly-report/.
CloudPhysics provides data-driven insights for smarter IT, delivering unprecedented data center analytics to a broad range of users. CloudPhysics’ agile, scalable SaaS solution continuously analyzes customer environments and leverages collective intelligence to yield actionable results that optimize performance, lower costs, reduce risk, and enable smarter business decisions. Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, CloudPhysics serves thousands of end users worldwide across major industries and supports a robust partner network. For more information, visit www.cloudphysics.com.